Sunday, July 12, 2009

14 weeks left....WHOA!!!

Little Tony is very active. It is amazing to see your stomach just pop like popcorn when they are moving around. Almost like clockwork I feel him kick around 9 in the evening. It almost never fails.

So much has happened since my 18 Weeks update. Around 20 weeks I noticed a rash and was breaking out. I wasn't too worried about it. I had a doctor appointment soon and would discuss it with him. He thought it was ringworm and I needed to see a dermo. My dermo passed away and I couldn't get into a place that was recommended. So I called my PCP and got in that day I called. He told me it was pitarysis. Which is my skin condition and something environmentally was causing it. Hmm. Perhaps it was the milk that I was guzzling down to get the calcium my doc told me I needed. Within a week it started clearing up. Now it is almost completely gone.

We have started childbirth classes and have 3 left. I feel pretty well informed. However, there were things that we have learned that we don't like. For example, the vacuum and triceps. I would rather them use the vacuum if needed. Obviously something out of our control. Our last class the teacher wanted us to think about a birth plan. HUH?? My plan was to go in there and whatever happened happened. I am trying to go in there with an open mind. If it turns out I need a c-section then that is the way it is. Plus, I will get paid for 8 weeks. LOL!! There obviously is a lot more to look at.

There was still a lot of terminology that I already knew that the others did not. I think the forum I am on has helped with that. Plus, my best friend having her child 2.5 years ago. I have learned so much from her. I have also gotten some very good advice from her with my pregnancy. Jennifer, thank you for offering your awesome advice.

We have chosen our hospital too, Missouri Baptist. We have our tour in two weeks. That will be awesome to see.

On the checklist are pediatricians and daycare. Tony is in the discussion stages of working from home part time with his boss. He still needs to look into a few things and then they will go back to the drawing board.

That is it for now. If there is anything that I have missed since my last post that you want to know about. Just shoot me an email or comment.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Personally, I like your plan! Whatever happens happens. Some people just need to feel more in control. Surprinsingly, since i'm a planner, i went in with a similar plan. My only goal was to avoid a csection at all costs and we know how well that worked out!

KLU said...

I am sure I would be devastated if I had my heart set one one thing and the total opposite happened. I just don't want that added stress.