Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crib and other things



We ordered our crib yesterday from Goodnite Rooms. They were having a sale and we got it for 15% off. We took a look at the cribs again and decided on another kind. The color of the crib is Paprika. It is a darker wood than the carmel for the other crib we were going to get. This store has a smaller selection than Treasure Rooms but the prices were way more affordable. We also got a Jack In The Box toy while we were there. It is a Jack Russell dog that pops out. So the name Jack in the box really fits - especially since we have a dog named Jack. It was too cute to pass up.

Last week we got a couple of books for the baby and were looking yesterday at some new bookshelves.

On another note, Tony got his 40 hours back for good. Lets hope that things stay good and he gets to keep them. The extra 8 hours a week of pay will really help. He is the only one that got his hours back. Then again there are only 2 in his department. So I am thinking that the boss knows that the other co-worker might be leaving or that she might get let go. She fell asleep at work the other day. Tony caught her. He didn't say anything to the boss but it is a small enough company to notice things like that.

Yesterday, we went to a wake and funeral for my BIL's father that passed away last weekend. It felt different being at the funeral home. I knew his father but not very well. Just enough I guess. He was a good man that loved his children and grandchildren. I felt very blessed that we are bringing in a new life that was just taken away from us. I am glad that Earl is no longer suffering. He now is with the man upstairs.

While at the funeral, my dad and I were talking about daycare. I asked him if he would be willing to watch the baby 1 or 2 times a week to help with the cost of daycare and so that he can spend some time with this grandchild. He agreed to one day a week. I am not sure when but I know he wants to go back to work part time. I am over the moon. I am sure that Tony's boss will let him work from home a couple of days a week but we still need to ask. Need to find someone that will not charge us a full week for our baby only going at a minimum 2 times a week.

We find out tomorrow what our little baby u is. As long as he/she cooperates. I really hope so.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad U said...

Love the crib. Can't wait to see it in person. So glad we were able to help with it.

Love MOM and DAD